Our practice offers state-of-the art services in career counseling and related work-based interventions delivered by leading experts in counseling and vocational psychology. The Career Development Service within CFPS/IBA offers the following specific services:
- identifying & implementing career interests and skills
- career choice and decision making
- creatively managing unemployment and underemployment
- coping with work-based stress and occupational health concerns (work-related stress; work-based injuries, etc.)
- effectively negotiating work-based life transitions
- career coaching
- managing mid-life career challenges
- balancing work & family
- optimizing work performance
- understanding and managing cultural diversity in the workplace
- developing managerial and supervisory skills
- assisting employees/employers with layoffs and terminations/outplacement
- fostering positive interpersonal skills in managers and executives
Assessment and counseling specifically for career development services is generally not a medically necessary service and is therefore not covered by most health plans. However, career counseling in the context of the treatment of a diagnosed psychiatric condition may be considered medically necessary and may be covered by a health plan. The cost of assessments is included in the fee for services.
To learn more about the CFPS/IBA career services, please contact Dr. David Blustein, Career Development Specialist.